If you’re looking for more free STEM related activities, check out the James Dyson Foundation. There are loads of fun-filled challenges for the children to carry out.
There are lots of brilliant sites and resources available for STEM related activities to carry out during the school closures.
- Top Gear are releasing challenges for all ages so you can get the whole family competing in the first challenge – to build a car out of household items.
- STEM Learning has lots of science, technology, engineering and maths activities for the children and families to carry out.
- Brain Pop has loads of activities for across the curriculum.
- Lots of zoos and sanctuaries have online events and activities.
- London’s Science Museum and Natural History Museums have lots of games and resources including virtual tours.
We hope you find these useful!
On Shrove Tuesday, traditionally people make pancakes. Nursery very much enjoyed preparing the ingredients and mixing the batter for their pancakes. They liked adding the toppings and eating. We think they enjoyed them! What do you think?
Year 1 had a fantastic time designing and making biscuits as part of Design and Technology. They got to taste test a range of biscuits, thinking about the texture and flavour of the biscuits. Children then carried out surveys in the class to find out which one was the favourite. They eventually designed and made their own biscuits.
It was delicious work!